Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2 years later....

 Well, over two years ago I decided I wanted to ride from San Francisco down the coast. I lived in San Diego at the time and had planned to get back home. I ended up calling the trip short after day three due to a slight knee injury which was precipitated by my failure to actually train. I don't think I rode over 20 miles at one time before I attempted that bike tour. Whoops. the trip was fun anyway. I took the train down the coast and stopped a few places and rode around on my bicycle but it wasn't quite the adventure I had in mind.

 So here I am, living in San Francisco now getting ready to attempt this tour for the second time. Now, I have over 2,000 miles under my belt(legs?)including one 80 mile day, I've camped solo many times, and I've done a backcountry wilderness course which taught me how to travel light and LNT (leave no trace.) and I'm just all around more prepared for this trip. Soooo here we go. Starting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment