Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 2

80 miles
Pescadero to Monterey Vet's Memorial Campground


For someone reason I thought today's ride was 60 miles. Not so...it was 80.there were only a few small climbs but they were steep and at mile 60 I was exhausted. Going thru Santa Cruz was particularly frustrating. Much too many stop lights/signs.  Further on from Santa Cruz, it was fields of artichokes and strawberries....although monotonous, the fragrant aroma of strawberries filled the air. I took in deep breaths.

Santa Cruz bike path
one of the many strawberry fields

By the time I hit Monterey, it was dark. I couldn't find the hiker/biker site so I asked a German guy who was sleeping in his car if I could set up my stuff on his site. He not only obliged but gave me his leftover pizza. Score!

Of course the next morning I would find the hiker/biker site was directly across from where I had slept...

No comments:

Post a Comment