Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day One

 42 miles
SF to Pescadero

Today was great. I was incredibly worried and anxious upon leaving Gyasi's but as soon as I got on the road I felt happy and calm. I was still a bit worried about traversing Devils Slide- the steep, winding, shoulder-less section between Pacifica and Montara. As I approached this section, I came upon my first fellow bike tourist: Dave, in his 60s, retired, doing the coast from Vancouver for the second time. He'd been on the road for 16 days already. We rode up together and chatted which took my mind off the blind corners and speeding cars. Soon enough we were cresting the hill and beginning the fast descent down. We continued to ride and chat until Half Moon Bay where I was stopping to meet Gyasi for lunch.

 The rest of the day was a breeze. I rode into the hostel and immediately met Susie- a 20 something woman from the UK in California on business. She was taking the opportunity to drive down the coast and check out the surf spots in between her work commitments. We got groceries together and shared the hot tub at sunset time.




No comments:

Post a Comment