Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 8 and Epilogue

85 miles
Carpinteria to Venice Beach
Total miles of trip: 435 miles
UPDATE: Check out the link to my second tour- Portland to SF http://elysebikes.wordpress.com/

Today was a breeze. I did 85 miles in under 7 hours. I was pretty emotional today. I did it. I'm not sure how but I did it. I'm glad to be able to rest but also sad that it's over. I feel like with a rest day I could keep going. I wish I had more time...to keep riding

bikes not bombs
This tour ended up being more difficult than I ever could have imagined it would be. It was physically and mentally exhausting  It all felt like an overwhelming adventure. Every mile, every pedal stroke, every breath -it all seemed like so much more than me.  I am in disbelief at what I was able to accomplish. I know a bike tour may seem crazy or even trivial but it ended up meaning so much more to me. It's hard to articulate.Would I do it again? Absolutely  I'd love to do a cross country trip if I could get the time off work. Hmm, time to plan the next adventure?


No comments:

Post a Comment